JMRI Query

Smudge617

Now I have JMRI and a Digitrax P4 interface I've noticed that I can't always use the throttle to move the locomotive, I can control lights and sound but not movement, it doesn't seem to be confined to any particular decoder manufacturer either LaisDCC, Zimo, Digitraxx to name a few I have, all seem to be affected, one loco with a Digitraxx will move, but not another, is it something I'm doing, or do others also have this problem.

That's one of the peculiarities of the PR4 interface. Sometimes it feels like doin its job. Sometimes it doesn't.
I've found that when ya start getting strange behavior as you described or a decoder just doesn't read or program, unplug the power and computer link to the PR4 for a few seconds then reconnect.

That's one of the peculiarities of the PR4 interface. Sometimes it feels like doin its job. Sometimes it doesn't.
I've found that when ya start getting strange behavior as you described or a decoder just doesn't read or program, unplug the power and computer link to the PR4 for a few seconds then reconnect.
Thanks Ken, I'll try that, you would have thought they would have worked the bugs out by now tho'

Back