Jerome's Switcher Roster V 3.0

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

wheeler1963

Aurora & Portland Owner
That #103 is looking pretty sharp!
Nice looking twins, what are the "Z"'s on the cabsides?
Are they Atlas units?
Rick, It's a lightning bolt with wording as far as I can see. They are Backmann's believe it or not. Lots of details on them though. Kinda like their 70 tonners they released. I haven't had a chance to put them on the test track yet.

kbkchooch

"retired" conductor
Wow, there's something in my mailbox from North Carolina I wonder what it could be? Jerome, it looks absolutely wonderful in person even more so than it did in the pictures. I can't thank you enough! Now it's my turn as soon as I get the club units done, then I shall spend a little time at the workbench building something you will drool over! After all what are friends for.

wheeler1963

Aurora & Portland Owner
OK started work on the VR S4. The basic tear down is done. I did a little research and could only find 2 pictures of the real one. Looks like I have some modifying to do. Box at the front of the cab window, move bell to the nose and change out the exhaust stack.

thumbnail17.jpg
18.jpg

wheeler1963

Aurora & Portland Owner
Need a little help guys. I'd like to put DCC in these units. It has an 8 pin plug already on it. I use an NCE power cab, any recommendations as to what decoder to use?
20190629_115412.jpg

kbkchooch

"retired" conductor
But Karl, it has really nice LED's front and back................:oops: Is Tsunami a sound unit?
Yes, a Tsunami is a sound decoder. The D14SR is a plug and play install, the Tsunami is going to require trashing the light board, configuring new lights, and finding a space for a speaker.
You have to break eggs to make an Omelette!;)

wheeler1963

Aurora & Portland Owner
Yes, a Tsunami is a sound decoder. The D14SR is a plug and play install, the Tsunami is going to require trashing the light board, configuring new lights, and finding a space for a speaker.
You have to break eggs to make an Omelette!;)
I'm thinking non sound then LOL Tight spaces in there and I'm not very good at re-working lights. Remember, that was Mark's job for me? RIP

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com