January 2009 Photo Contest

Old 97

Hogger
The new year brings us a time of reflection. Reflections of our past actions, friendships and relationships.
Every locomotive engineer has had a loved or hated relationship with their assigned units. As time passes, engineers change assignments while locomotives are sold off or retired. It is in the spirit of reflection that this month’s photo contest theme is one from an engineer’s perspective of *"Where are they now? Old Locomotives!"
Show us your best picture of any diesel or steam locomotive that is still plying the rails for it’s original owner, wearing the colors of it’s second hand flag, wrecked, scrapped, retired to a museum or park.
One entry per member please. To enter, follow the link, login to the gallery and upload your photo. Good luck to all and thanks for participating in the photo contests!

http://www.modelrailroadphotos.com/photos/showgallery.php?cat=595

* All eras, locomotives and all types of situations qualify for this theme.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this has been mentioned before, but I wish there was someway you and Bob could figure out how to have a Photo Contest banner as a reminder. Danged if I don't forget about it most every month and until it is too late.:eek::D

I know this has been mentioned before, but I wish there was someway you and Bob could figure out how to have a Photo Contest banner as a reminder. Danged if I don't forget about it most every month and until it is too late.:eek::D

Maybe we could put together a Photo Contest e-mail list with a monthly mailing of notice..........

What if you had some kind of automatic weekly reminder that would show up on New Posts, e.g. "Have you Entered/Voted in the Photo Contest". We need something for numb brains like me and new members to get more votes and entries. I believe all enjoy the contest, but simply forget about it after the initial announcements.

What if you had some kind of automatic weekly reminder that would show up on New Posts, e.g. "Have you Entered/Voted in the Photo Contest".

I would say you need to contact the big kahuna for something like that. :D

I think this has been done several times before. Its not a big deal and I suppose we could say it falls to an individuals own responsibility to check. However, some of us have cob webs in our brain's filing cabinet causing a short circuit of our neurons. :D

any reason why my pics wont upload to the jan 09 gallery? I tried and it keeps saying that the upload is in progress?

Back