It's snowing.

Oh, well. Good excuse for staying in the man-cave all day.
Here in Denver also. Not only snow but cold. We are only off a few degrees from a record low set in 1969.

A good day for inventorying, cleaning up, and repairing a pile of flatcars I got at a garage sale a couple weeks go. They will eventually become part of a Christmas train.
20181014_091939[1].jpg

We got about 4 inches by the time the snow stopped. I'll have to clear off the back porch so we can grill some steaks tonight.

20181013_095206.jpg 20181013_121131.jpg

Horseman,
nice haul on the flat cars.

Prediction is we may get an inch. That doesn't sound like much, but nearly all the leaves are still on the trees. That puts a LOT of weight on the branches. On October 25, 1997 Lincoln got 13 inches of wet snow on top of some ice. Most of the trees still had nearly all of their leaves. We lost thousands of trees due to broken limbs. A good part of the city lost power as well. Fortunately, ours stayed on. Nobody on our street could get off the block. My chainsaw got a good workout for a couple of days!
Check out the photo galleries: https://www.nebraskaweatherphotos.org/OCT97SNOW.html

We just got the "Fall" switched on last week. It had been really humid and in the low to mid 80's since September, but Friday. Fall arrived with temps in the low 60's. Typical for DC area. We go from Spring to summer about the same way..BANG!

Back