Is it possible to disable a laptop touch pad pinch-screen feature ?

M

MHinLA

I bought a new laptop and like it allot. I did not realize though that it had a pinch screen..This is something I don't have any use for..OK. But the problem is, unless I keep remembering to keep my 1st and 2nd fingers together on the touch pad they tend to enlarge the images here and in YouTube vids.. On my prior Chromebook , it had no pincher. I wish this one was the same...
Do any of you know how I could shut off/disable the pinch action ? I'm doubting it can be done, this side of messing with the mother board. HP 14 Chromebook..
Thanks for your attention, Mark

I covered my touchpad with some "bubble wrap" from a padded envelope and use a wireless mouse. I am always screwing things up with the touchpad!

Sirfold, this does give me an idea..I wonder if I could put an inch of scotch tape on the pad where my right middle finger needs to be TO enlarge, in turn disabling pinch..But I guess even if it worked, tape would begin to come up on its edges..
Emperor. This demo seems to relate to a different kind of computer.. My Chrome book here hasn't that control panel / those categories ..But thanks..
Sherman I'm aware of that..It's an expense I want to avoid. And requires a bit too much more cafe` table room/more potential to spill my coffee (which killed my first lap top !! Thanks the same...

Wrote a Google on-line tech. Said can't do it...Guess I'll have to train myself to keep my 2 fingers together when scrolling. Thanks again, M

[QUOTE="MHinLA, post: 459533, member: 6054

Wrote a Google on-line tech. Said can't do it... M[/QUOTE]
See, who says tech isn't helpful?

See if you can find an online manual for your computer; it should have a list of the function keys and exactly what they do. On my Samsung, holding down the Function key (Fn) and then pressing F10 toggles the touch pad on and off. Like you, I tend to rest my fingers or thumb on the touch pad, and I used to have all kinds of troubles, especially when doing entries on an Excel spreadsheet while I was working from home. No more!

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Tom Stockton

Back