Intermountain Gunderson NYS&W/Sea Land "twin stack" 5 car set

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Looking for one of the Intermountain NYS&W/Sea Land 5 car set for the early "twin stack" style cars. These are the ones that clamp the upper containers in place. Used on the Susie Q in the late 1980s for the Sea Land unit trains. Thanks Mike

Last edited:
The kits are a bit beyond my ablities, not as steady handed as I once was. Even the basic Accucrail grain hopper kits give me fits some time. I will preorder one of the forth coming second run Intermountain sets. Might have the layout farther along by the time they make them! Mike

Rico

BN Modeller
Yeah they do have lots of little fiddely bits, don't they?
I built and painted mine years back and still haven't put them all on.

Right now I am debating my painting abilities to do up my Overland GP20 into patched out BN cascade green/black. Mostly in relation to the sprung trucks, carbody really isnt a problem.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com