Intermodal club module build

CambriaArea51

Me and another gentleman in our club are going to build 16' (8' each) of a small intermodal yard.Club specs are 4'x30" so not much room.Track sections are at 7.5",9.5" and 17" from the outside edge.An added run around 17 at 11.5" is for trains switching on the 17 to get by.This way container train can park for loading and unloading.
After building the frame and deck I painted the bottom white to seal the wood and make it easy to see.The top was painted green on the outer edge and gray where the crane and containers will be stored,again to seal the wood.
IMG_2598.jpg
IMG_2600.jpg

With the cork glued down on the main line,feeder wires are soldered to the bottom of the rails to hide them as much as possible.Then the tedious task of drilling holes and nailing down.
IMG_2613.jpg
IMG_2614.jpg
IMG_2615.jpg

Time working on the modules have been slow.With nice weather, time spent in my yard and my dad's cleaning up put a hold on things.Rainy weather has helped and I've gotten trak work done.Next joints need to be soldered and ties filled in.Wiring and the legs will be next. The engines will be parked on the siding until the 3rd module is built and that lead will switch to the main for access.
IMG_2690.jpg
IMG_2692.jpg
IMG_2691.jpg

Tom: That's going to be quite the layout in size with all those individual modules. Where do you plan on setting up the layout where you have enough room to accommodate its length?

Nice project.

Greg

Tom: That's going to be quite the layout in size with all those individual modules. Where do you plan on setting up the layout where you have enough room to accommodate its length?

Nice project.

Greg
They are for a club project.They're 2 of 4 that are being built.Another club member is building 2.Depending on space at a show we can make the layout as big or small as we need.

Back