I'm feeling old ...

goscrewyourselves

I'm the one
Afternoon all,

About an hour ago, my wife and I found out that we were to be grand parents for the first time. Well, I will be a "step-grand parent" I suppose :)

Darn I am feeling old!

Congradulations Tony,

My wife's daughter got remaired and in addition to her (Beth's daughters) 2 children we got 3 more. It may sound complicated but when they are all hugging me at the same time it is very simple.

it is all good

lasm

Congrats Tony. I only have one question. If that makes you feel old, I must be older than dirt with 6 grandkids. Time for some Geratol I guess, or whiskey.

My oldest grandkid will be 19 in November... Any cracks about my age, I'll run you over with my wheelchair...

Congratulations granddad! I have 9 grand children and am waiting for the not to distant future when the oldest (ages range from 22 to 6 months) tells me I am going to be a great granddad. Being a grandparent has lots of benefits; as you hand the baby back to one of the parents you get to say, "Your child is hungry" or "Your child has a dirty diaper." When the family is packing up to go home after an afternoon visit you get to load the kids up on candy for a sugar rush, just as payback to your son/daughter.

Congradulations Tony,

My wife's daughter got remaired and in addition to her (Beth's daughters) 2 children we got 3 more. It may sound complicated but when they are all hugging me at the same time it is very simple.

it is all good

lasm

I'm sure it is and my wife is "over the moon" about it all. The only downside I see at the moment is the step son lives in Anchorage so seeing the "grand kids" wont be quite as easy or as often.

Tony, congrats! You probably aren't old, just getting older lol

Getting older, that's for sure. Honestly, age is all relative. They say having kids, or being around kids, makes you younger. All it does for me is make me broke!! :)

Congrats Tony. I only have one question. If that makes you feel old, I must be older than dirt with 6 grandkids. Time for some Geratol I guess, or whiskey.

Take the whiskey, only as I don't know what the other stuff is - but it sounds "nasty" :)

Congrats Tony! (Grandpa that is)
And getting older sure beats the alternative....:p

Grandpa - that's going to take some getting used to, but your right - it does beat the alternative.

My oldest grand kid will be 19 in November... Any cracks about my age, I'll run you over with my wheelchair...

Damn, you MUST be err - mature? Does that work? By the way, I have "Hit by a Wheel Chair Insurance" so go ahead ... make my day! :)

Bottom line though bnsf971, your still up and kicking, with a great sense of humor to boot :)

Congratulations granddad! I have 9 grand children and am waiting for the not to distant future when the oldest (ages range from 22 to 6 months) tells me I am going to be a great granddad. Being a grandparent has lots of benefits; as you hand the baby back to one of the parents you get to say, "Your child is hungry" or "Your child has a dirty diaper." When the family is packing up to go home after an afternoon visit you get to load the kids up on candy for a sugar rush, just as payback to your son/daughter.

I can't even fathom being a Great Grand Dad but hopefully. I like the way you think too, feeding the grand kids lots of sugar before they have to leave - cruel (on the parents) but pay back is a, well you know.

Thanks guys, in case you can't tell, I'm pretty happy about this to be honest and agree with what Alex was alluding too and said ... now junior will have the fun of being the parent and to experience what that is like. He might even appreciate me being a "hard ass" with him (at times) when he was a little younger.

Thanks all.

I've tried a Geritol-Glenlivet cocktail. Once. On a bet. I think it was trying to cure me while it was trying to kill me.

Erik,

Thank you, kind of looking forward to it with some trepidation ... new grandpa nerves I guess :)

Terry,

Think I'll pass on the whole thing!

Tony, I know how you feel about being broke! It's all worth it though in the end. Besides one day my daughter will have to take care of me lol.

when you start hearing your kids saying the same things to their kids that you used to say to them, and listening to your kids gripe about the the things their kids do that make you think one thing: payback!

think of one of the best parts, you get to buy all of the noisiest, most annoying toys you can find with one thing in mind, they get to go to their house with them.

think of one of the best parts, you get to buy all of the noisiest, most annoying toys you can find with one thing in mind, they get to go to their house with them.
After filling them up with soda and candy, of course! Bwahahahaha!

Old? ha. I retired out of the Corps over 20 years ago with 23 years of active service and two years reserve and that included a complete break from service back in the 70s. I have 12 grand kids, oldest is 18 and youngest is 3. Two have gone home to the lord already. I survived two wonderful wives, one of 20 years and one of 6 years. I still run 3 miles at least three times a week and do several 600 plus mile rides on the Harley in a day each summer. I get carded every time I ask for senior discounts.
You're only old if ya let yourself get that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon all,

About an hour ago, my wife and I found out that we were to be grand parents for the first time. Well, I will be a "step-grand parent" I suppose :)

Darn I am feeling old!
Tony don't feel so bad about being old .. I'm about to be a GRAND UNCLE for the second time around!

BCK RR aka Tom

Afternoon all,

Darn I am feeling old!

Congratulations Tony but I have to tell you that you are still a Spring Chicken, you are only old when you get like us and have Great Grand Children, crikey now I feel old.

Back