Illinois new guy.

Yes I am amazed at the new technology. I have been trying to catch up. I am using nce power cab on my setup. I am trying to get the grandkids interested also. I have been looking to set up a transfer table. I see marklin has one but I am concerned about the wiring setup. I think all there ho stuff is A.C. Has anyone had any experience with this?
Marklin is all AC and 3 rail (center stud pickup). Trix is their 2 rail brand

Thanks, that the one in wheaton?

Have you ever gone to this show? I have never been to one, so don't know if its worth going. For the last several years I've meant to go to one, and check it out, but I always forget about them till they have past.

Have you ever gone to this show? I have never been to one, so don't know if its worth going. For the last several years I've meant to go to one, and check it out, but I always forget about them till they have past.
I haven't been to this one but I have been to several others. Its definitely worth going. You can get some pretty good deals and sometimes find something you have been looking for but haven't been able to find. Plus it's hard to beat the knowledge and people willing to share it.

I haven't been to this one but I have been to several others. Its definitely worth going. You can get some pretty good deals and sometimes find something you have been looking for but haven't been able to find. Plus it's hard to beat the knowledge and people willing to share it.

Are there any shows around the Peoria area? I haven't lived in that area for 15YRs, and I was into RC airplanes at the time. We would take our helicopters, and fly at Detweiller park, I guess i need to carve out a Sunday, and go check out the Wheaton show. From here i can be there in a little over an hour.

Are there any shows around the Peoria area? I haven't lived in that area for 15YRs, and I was into RC airplanes at the time. We would take our helicopters, and fly at Detweiller park, I guess i need to carve out a Sunday, and go check out the Wheaton show. From here i can be there in a little over an hour.
There is one at icc college next Sunday the 17th. 10am to 3pm

Did you make it to the Urbana show this weekend Robert? Was a really good show again, lots of super deals on trains. I picked up an Overland IC SD70, factory painted for $200 and a PFM brass DRGW caboose for $18. One day I will find and pickup the correct big IC caboose from Overland in brass but those are as much or more than that diesel cost me. I am modeling in HO scale, IC in the late 1990s prior to the merger with the CN. I live north of Indianapolis, our live steam G scale club had our portable layout set up at the show. I was there all day on Saturday. Excellent show, held in the Lincoln Square Mall every spring. Mike the Aspie

Did you make it to the Urbana show this weekend Robert? Was a really good show again, lots of super deals on trains. I picked up an Overland IC SD70, factory painted for $200 and a PFM brass DRGW caboose for $18. One day I will find and pickup the correct big IC caboose from Overland in brass but those are as much or more than that diesel cost me. I am modeling in HO scale, IC in the late 1990s prior to the merger with the CN. I live north of Indianapolis, our live steam G scale club had our portable layout set up at the show. I was there all day on Saturday. Excellent show, held in the Lincoln Square Mall every spring. Mike the Aspie
I didn't make it to the urbana show but I did get to the Springfield show earlier. I picked up some advertising cars. I model ho also but it is an eclectic collection. I just like seeing the old advertising I seen as a child. If your train club is looking to expand I have 13 modular tables to move for a friend of mine who's father passed.

The live steam group is G scale and has a complete layout. I would love to get a HO modular club going locally but I lack any space to store a layout let alone funds to purchase it. I believe there is, what I am told is a good show, in Decatur next weekend. Mike

The live steam group is G scale and has a complete layout. I would love to get a HO modular club going locally but I lack any space to store a layout let alone funds to purchase it. I believe there is, what I am told is a good show, in Decatur next weekend. Mike
Ok I might be able to make the Decatur show. As far as the tables go the price would be very reasonable if you do know of anyone looking to get a group going.thanks for the heads up on the Decatur show

What kind of $$ and pics of the layout if you have any, I will talk to a few of the local guys that are unhappy with the local club. Thanks Mike

I added some pics. If for some reason you cant see them let me know. It's also listed on Facebook marketplace. I have it listed for 495.00 for the 13 tables but that is negotiable

Back