If Atlas Production Moved To the USA.....

Hal don't forget the .99 at the end!
Yes we'd likely be at par with brass prices.

My favourite bumper sticker ever read "union labor, the best thing to happen to china since the Great Wall".

Several of the manufacturers broke it down when the China factory debacle took place last year. It wasn't quite that much, but more than double what were paying now.

Several of the manufacturers broke it down when the China factory debacle took place last year. It wasn't quite that much, but more than double what were paying now.

It's much easier to get Forgiveness than Permission.

H.P.

Last edited:
Might or might not have been more expensive. What about lost opportunity costs? I'm thinking about Atlas specifically. They're just importers now.

Interesting figure Hal. I'm wondering how that was derived. At those prices the business couldn't be maintained and the hobby market would be abandoned as we know it. That said, other alternatives could become more cost effect and drive innovation. 3D printing technology could possibly compete at a lower price point than that.

I remember when Walther's did a lot of their product manufacturing at their Milwaukee, Wisconsin location years ago. Also, through the years Walthers apparently purchased smaller model railroad producers to add to the Walther's line and I wonder where those products are currently being produced???

This tariff situation will be solved sooner than later since it affects not only the US economy, but also all the world trading partners. The US can't be the only nation that has trade issues with China.

Back