i couldnt help myself

I guess I'm unsure as to what I'm looking at (in Post #1) ... I already have the Athearn Genesis Big Boy (purchased in late 2013 ??) with DCC and sound ... how is this one different?

Oh, and I love mine ... nice movement on my 30+" radius turns

p.s. - and I didn't pay that much for mine !

How is it different?
should have a oil bunker instead of coal.

If you look at photos or videos of the 3985 you will see that even though it is an oil burner, it still has a coal tender. I wouldn't lose too much sleep over getting the proper tender on the 4014. Besides, back in the 50's it had a coal tender.

well im necroposting but interms of collecting I have reached #27 for collecting big boys so im done
now to dcc & sound the ones that don't have it in them & im good for a while

well im necroposting but interms of collecting I have reached #27 for collecting big boys so im done
now to dcc & sound the ones that don't have it in them & im good for a while
You can always renumber the duplicate #4026 and watch the prototypical guys have coronaries.

4026 & 4027 lol
funny the beginning of this thread I see guys I used to talk to but seem to be MIA
IROCINBLUE89 & wombat ????
I often wonder about Tony (Wombat 457). Last was doing a N scale layout, but as he'd had other setbacks previously (e.g. G scale), figured something had upset the apple cart again.

I often wonder about Tony (Wombat 457). Last was doing a N scale layout, but as he'd had other setbacks previously (e.g. G scale), figured something had upset the apple cart again.
I used to talk to sean AKA IROCINBLUE89 infact that's were I got my first MTH big boy , but he seems to vanished

Back