Huge collection for sale NY, USA

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
My uncle is entering a retirement home and I need to sell his collection. It's a massive G scale collection, taking over his entire house. I'm looking for any advice you could offer on finding a fair price but to move this collection quickly. A single buyer would be preferred, but if completely necessary I'll move it to a storage facility and try to sell it piece by piece. It's located in Buffalo, NY. My uncle is a US Veteran and we're just looking to get a low-end but fair price for his life's passion.

Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated?

Very broad-stroke on the collection:
18 locomotives, most diesel, 4 steam
100 cars
15 switches
2x lgb rio grande 6 axel locomotive

transformers, radio controllers, receivers, and much more
over 50 original boxes
Steel track, probably 100s of feet.
He says: "how long is the basement track... at scale speed 50mph it takes 6minutes to go around."
And there's probably much more than I've listed.

He estimates it may be worth 50,000.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jxevVLNiKiytLzGm7

videobruce

Tower Operator
What suburb are you/he in? Have you considered one of the local MRR shows? Hamburg & Central Terminal were last Fall, but the late winter show Hamburg is upcoming. Also is the one in the town of Batavia. Those are the 4 largest ones that I know of.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.