How to Make Trees and Shrubs

Excuse me I'm newbie from Indonesia, I had followed this forum about more years ago, I like all topics in forums, thank for accepted me be members in forums, I'm So sorrymy english is no good

Attachments

• cascade.jpg
    cascade.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 349
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome NanangHart, Is Nanang your first name?. Is that a picture of a model you have made yourself? Great work. Seems we are attracting more members from Indonesia. Don't worry about your English, looks OK so far.

Welcome NanangHart, Is Nanang your first name?. Is that a picture of a model you have made yourself? Great work. Seems we are attracting more members from Indonesia. Don't worry about your English, looks OK so far.

Yes I do, I had made many models of tree since I had followed this forum, thanks for appreciated

Hello, Nanang! am from Indonesia too, Bogor to be precisely. WOW! your tree looks so real, may i know what do u use for the material and where you bought the material?

These are my very first attempt on making frames and tree, material used are everything i have in house, wire for the trunk and steel wool (for dish washing) for wrapping the wire and for the branches. The steel wool is so curly and kinda hard to make them shaped properly. Not recommend it but those all i got for now. i cover the frame, as suggested, with diluted white wood glue and saw dust with a little drop of dish detergent. after it get dry i dip the frame into latex wall paint. And finishing with acrylic paint.

I try to make the leave on one of my frame, it's made of fiber you use for washing dishes, i cut it into very small pieces and pour it with tea sieve onto the glue-sprayed branches, but it seems not quite succeed. The volume seems not right and the color is not as green as leaves.

The tree frames in the picture are on my first diorama ground, made of used carton, the top of shoe box, some toilet paper, white glue, and for the dirt i use saw dust. Later there will be grass on those dirt (when i know how to make grass :D)

frame trees resize.jpgtree and frame.jpg

And, yes, please be kind to give me advice :)

Attachments

• frame trees.jpg
    frame trees.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 278
Grove Den--Your trees are superb--Scotch pine, now called Scots pine; the other looks like Norway or White spruce.

Narandara--Yours will be that good. They are as good as many now.

lasm

replica fig tree ( bayan tree ) or universal name ficus 6" height

Narandara,
I'm so glad could joined this forum, I bought materials nowhere, cause I made it myself with sponge that blended into small part and combined with spray glue to the branch

Attachments

• ficus.jpg
    ficus.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 322
Ho Scale models

Another models tree I had make in HO Scale about 5-6" height

Attachments

• tree 06.jpg
    tree 06.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 296
  • tree 03.jpg
    tree 03.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 294
  • tree 04.jpg
    tree 04.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 315
  • tree 05.jpg
    tree 05.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 308
Looks like we've got some very serious modelling skills going on in this thread.

There's a bloke (guy) here that makes Australian profile trees commercially using twisted wire armatures and then brushing on acrylic gap filler till the trunks/branches are built up to the desired thickness and texture.

Hmmmm, I've got lots of foam and a blender that's not being used for anything else at the moment...............

Tootnkumin@
Hmmmm, I've got lots of foam and a blender that's not being used for anything else at the moment...............

Alright! that's the spirit! I hope to see your results soon overhere too??? ;)

Nananghart@

Again perfect trees!!:eek:
Made some N scale trees too with these "dishingpads"green stuff....lot more easy to make treefoliage! Tore it , just like you did, in very thin layers and "covered "it with some fine turf from woodland.
This one is about 3-4 inches
uagvs3j4c0fm_5ffe708.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
And a pinetree.
the picture is showing the tree right after the thin torn pieces of the pads were placed over a core wire....it has to be painted( spraypaint) and covered with fine turf....

With the paint and turf( about 4 inches)

Finaly a close up of a HO frame with the small/thin pieces of the torn pads....

Jos

Grove den@
Logandsawman@
Thanks for your appreciated
I will try to make for better tree, a tree that I made this actually represents many kinds of tropical trees in my country

tootnkumin@

may be it is: Scots pine....... I was a litlle bit confused because they way "they" write their famous whisky : Scotch Whisky....;-)
Still have some -empty- botlles over here...

Jos

After consuming several bottles of that particular "brew", I'd be surprised if anyone would be able to discern which way it was pronounced.:D;):confused::eek:

I still call it Scotch even though the academic people like to correct me. It is not a matter of pronunciation, but the answer to the test question in Dendrology 2001. (I had 4 years of Forestry and Ecology at the University).

Call it what you want, we all know what you are talking about.

Just keep making the cool trees!!!!!!

Back