how long is a mile?

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
if somebody wanted to model a scale mile, how long would that be?

and yes, for argument sakes we're going to assume its a straight line

so what would a mile be in Z? N? HO? S? O? G?

dave1905

Remember back in elementary school your teacher told you to pay attention because someday you were going to need to know that.

Today is the day!

Mark R.

Custom Painter
if somebody wanted to model a scale mile, how long would that be?

and yes, for argument sakes we're going to assume its a straight line

so what would a mile be in Z? N? HO? S? O? G?
For argument's sake ? What, is a mile a different length if it's going around corners ? :confused: :rolleyes: :D

Mark.

Rico

BN Modeller
Here's our dilemma in Canada: I jump in my half ton truck drive 60 kilometers an hour down the mile road to get 50 liters of gas so I can go and get some 2X4 inch lumber.
No wonder we need the strong beer up here!:cool:

Sirfoldalot

Plucked Tailfeathers
Staff member
Here's our dilemma in Canada: I jump in my half ton truck drive 60 kilometers an hour down the mile road to get 50 liters of gas so I can go and get some 2X4 inch lumber.
No wonder we need the strong beer up here!:cool:
You've given me a headache.

And don't forget, Rico, you still need to determine how long a piece that 2x4 lumber will be! Inches and feet, or centimeters and meters? And why not use Imperial gallons while you're at! :confused:

Photoman475

Iron Horseman

Yeah, I'm still tryin to figure out the math problem of: If a train left city Y and another train left city X...
I found it! I wrote the author's web site and they sent me to a person, "Manager of Permissions", who pointed me to AmurePrints.com and there it is!

FOXTROT (c) Bill Amend. Reprinted with permission of UNIVERSAL UCLICK. All rights reserved.

Last edited by a moderator:

logandsawman

A sidetrack, wondering if this was going to evolve into km vs mile discussion? One of my favorite topics to argue.

Iron Horseman--The cartoon reminds me of my high school math experience. Seems like I always got those wrong, even though I somehow figured out how to trisect an angle and a shortcut equation to find the square root.

lasm

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.