Home bound for Railroad Camp

malletman

Alcohaulic
Climax #1 is home bound for Railroad Camp with supplies, a new cat dozer and fuel oil for the lokies to burn. Hogger has it really wound up as dinner is waiting for him. The lines Mallet engine is still in transit, so #1 is the biggest and best in the roster, scorching the ballest at 12mph!!
Resized_20171117_192803.jpg

Btw, this was taken right after getting both the layout and the Climax. Thus, no trees yet and no coupler on the front of #1 either. She has since had 8 wheel power pickup added, Cannon EN22 3200 rpm can motor and working lights. Mike the Aspie

Boy, I think you need some large steel beams under that bridge; or, some trestle bents before crossing that bridge ahead of the train! Support looks pretty skimpy.

A new bridge is on order at the LHS, all they had were ones with code 100 rail and I need code 83. That bridge remains is what was on the layout when I bought the layout. Mike

What you are using as a bridge, is the track from an Atlas Deck Truss bridge. You could use some Girders from an Atlas bridge Girder load; or, buy an Atlas Deck Girder Bridge and replace the bridge deck with your Code 83 bridge deck.

its the remains of an Atlas bridge, I am replacing it with an Atlas plate girder bridge, but had to order it as the hobby shop only had code 100 ones in stock and I need a code 83 tracked version. The layout is being converted to traction as that bug has taken over! Here is a new pic. Mike the Aspie
Resized_20171202_151021.jpg

Back