HO Scale Passenger Car Vents

WVRailroading84

Hello. New to the forum and was hoping I could get some help. I'm building the 1977 version of the Chessie Steam Special in HO scale which means I've had to build just about every car on the train because nobody makes the right ones. There are a few cars on the train that have these vents on the roofs and I can't find them ANYWHERE. Scale City Designs makes them in O scale but I can't find them in HO. I'll put some pictures of one of the cars on here. I didn't know if anybody here could point me in the direction where I might find them or maybe suggest some way to get them made. I even thought maybe about buying the O scale ones and sending them to a 3D printing service and having them scaled down but I thought I'd see if anyone here might know of a better way first lol. TIA
Screenshot_20230919-160857_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230919-182747_Chrome.jpg

Someone who specializes in custom photoetched parts is about all I could suggest.

If no one here has anyone to recommend, I would suggest reaching out to Scaletrains. No, I don’t think they would do any parts for you, but if anyone would know about a photoetching source they would, and they’re pretty approachable folks.

And welcome aboard!

I’m also modeling C&O as well (N scale), and I share in the difficulties of finding what you want when your target railroad isn’t one of the top favorites of the market.

Looks like a simple enough design. If you could give me some dimensions I could probably create an STL file for you. I'm sure photo etched would look better but a resin print wouldn't be to far off.

Back