HO Rail Joiners

I would think the very best money could buy are pure gold hamlet connectors which cost about $67 each. They are pliable and are the perfect conductor.
A more reasonable connector is made by Atlas. Cost about $4 or less for a package of 50. Pliable and conduct very well.

If you are likely to have to mate Peco rail ends to their Atlas equivalents, you'd be advised to use Atlas' joiners. I can make Peco joiners work, but it's a bear, and very hard on the tender finger tips if you don't do some filing of the larger Atlas ends. Mind you, I was mating Peco Streamline Code 83 turnouts to Code 100 Atlas rails, quite a stretch. But, you can always crimp the ends on the smaller tracks if you have to...or solder...which is really the best bet for excellent and reliable connectivity at joiners.

In my 38 sections of 40" Atlas 0-Scale 2-Rail Flex track, I soldered every one of the 76 joiners on the rail ends.

Those code 148 O-Scale rails are so large in cross-section that their electrical resistance is lower than any layout bus wire normally used.

The rails are their own bus wires and feeders!

Brakeman Hal

Back