If you want to see detail in N scale go check out some of my pics in white metal kits :rolleyes: here's my two and I'll rasie you two:D LOL Ok I'll raise you six cent LOL

DSCN7603.png

That is really sweet.

I spurged again, I don't have just 3 engines anymore. My roster now includes two Atlas GP30 Phase 1 Rio Grandes, an Atlas Master N BNSF Dash 8 in Warbonnet and a second Kato SD40-2 BNSF. :D

Tom if you need anything drop me a PM I have tons of stuff AGAIN both high and low end and in both N scale and the other one what is it mmm oh its ho:D:rolleyes:

Did you have any canadian roadnames Nmaniac? The GF and I started a layout, I have most of the track down and such, but we haven't gotten out and bought any rolling stock or engines yet. We model mostly modern day era. N scale as well of course.

canadian roadnames mmmm maybe are you looking for Atlas or Kato I do have a few custom painted ones for sale one is a dash-9 for sure tricked out I'll post a pic tonight and I should:rolleyes: have rolling stock to:D

Larry

I've always done HO, but if I were starting now I would definitely go N.

And buy some more glasses.

Too funny, yet I feel your pain too!:eek:
When I started with this hobby, n was tiny junk. Early n ran awful! After my first wedding, I tried n on a sheet of foam under the bed. Ok, but as soon as I had a house ,back out of storage came the HO stuff and thats how it has been since. I have a few n pieces, namely Maryland Midland stuff in n, but I doubt I will ever run it other than the test run it had. The engine is Atlas and runs GREAT!
See this funny thing happens as you age. Fingers get less adept, and vision acuity suffers. Now at 48 I couldn't imagine going full time to n. I'd have to strap Coke bottles to my eyes to get anything done!:D

I was talking with Larry earlier tonight and we both agreed that the only real difference between N and HO, other than the obvious issues of size, is the availability of sound in N scale. N scale can certainly have sound as good as HO but miniaturization of components, especially speakers, is going to be a limiting factor for along time to come. Otherwise, as you can see from Larry's work, there's not much difference in the level of detail you can acheive in N scale compared to HO any longer.

Karl, To funny but your sooooooooooooo right back in the day N scale was JUNK:mad: I was lucky if I could any train to go around the layout at a show once,but in the last what 15 years the doors have been blown off.Like Jim said in our chat tonight both scales have come a long way but the big selling point with N is the size!! I run 60 car trains on the home layout with 5 loco's:D and one more thing when you start a train that long in N you can see all the slack pulled out yeahhhh baby LOL:D:cool: good chatting with you Jim,butthead says Hi!!

See this funny thing happens as you age. Fingers get less adept, and vision acuity suffers. Now at 48 I couldn't imagine going full time to n. I'd have to strap Coke bottles to my eyes to get anything done!:D

wait a second your alot younger then I :D

Good chatting with you too, Larry. Say hi to Butthead and tell him to get my name right next time. :)

After seeing Larry's work both in pictures and in person, I'm now beginning to wonder if eyesight plays such a big role. It's seems to be more one of patience, something I'm not big on. N scale structures tend to need a lot more clean up and prep work than HO just because plastic castings aren't as neat as they get smaller. This is even more true with wood and cast metal kits. You can slap together an HO kit and it won't look too bad if you stick it somewhere near the back of the layout. A slapped together N scale kit looks bad no matter where you put it. :D

Speaking of patiences Jim I've been working on a Showcase Peterbuilt truck now for a week:eek:.Showcase kits are easy this one is all but 3 parts but oh nooooooo not me I think if I did not have a place were I could "run off to" like the other half says:rolleyes: I could not get the type of work I do done :eek:

Back