Historic Railroad Buildings

Well I had a little setback. Left the window open on a humid day and the plywood trainboard surface warped more than usual. The new building [poped free of tis center connection to the board. I freed it the rest of the way and have a replacement floor which i will fasten it to. I repaint the red hoping to may it less translucent to light. That didn't work! So I painted the inside wall white. Still no help. try something sese latter on.
here are a few photos.
frank

IMG_3966 s.JPG

IMG_3983 s.JPG

My wood insert removable roof at start.
IMG_3977 s.JPG

At 72 that is have I feel. I thought I had a recent post with at least 2 photos in it. I looked up and down 3 times. I can't find it. It is not there. I post this and now there it is my post with two photos. I don't understand it. I guess that Sirfoldalot seem to be saying the same thing. I am very observant. What ever.

Last edited:
At 72 that is have I feel. I thought I had a recent post with at least 2 photos in it. I looked up and down 3 times. I can't find it. It is not there. I post this and now there it is my post with two photos. I don't understand it. I guess that Sirfoldalot seem to be saying the same thing. I am very observant. What ever.
yeah the board is funny that way sometimes. I've gotten to the point if I can't find a post, I'll clear the browser's cache and restart it to see if it is really there before I repost.

Frank, your version looks great!
Louis, I keep thinking about repainting the car building a dark gray like on the lithograph and putting a lot of work into the 4 windows on that wall seen on the lithograph, making them have the many panes of glass like on the lithograph. It is common to see brick buildings with brick side walls and rear wall, having altogether different, more decorative styled front walls. Being this is the only picture of this building and those other 3 walls and not seen anywhere, I could put a more decorative front on the building. I also do want to get this project done before November so this change and upgrade would have to be done after that.

Last edited:
I ate there not less than 2 years ago. I liked all the historical photos on the walls. I did not realize there was any model railroad anywhere close.

I didn't realize that there was a model railroad cub there either. There is only a very small sigb on the railing to the basement and I had walked past it a number of times. I fianlly found out about the club a couple of years ago when I found out about a model railroad show in the main depot where there were a number of people selling model railroad items. WHen the club is oppen for public viewing, they do put up flags along the railing to draw attention to the club. Not a big club. There are only 7 active members at this time.

Where I am now with me waiting for supplies to finish the Car manufactory building, I layed down the track for the yard between the Washington Street shop facilities and the depot on Hudson Street.
I laid the rest of track which continues into the trainshed. I need to decide if at this early time were their platforms in the trainshed. I never found any information anywhere on what was done inside the trainshed. Maybe it is a good guess that there were no platforms at this time. I do feel certain that there was wood flooring and not just dirt. With the track in place and no walls built to hinder my installation of flooring between the tracks. I'll see what tomorrow will bring.
frank
IMG_4011 S.JPG

Last edited:
Here is my first two buildings to mt 1841 New Jersey Railroad and Transportation Company's first terminal on the Hudson River West Bank .
Now here is where I am right now. My second building needed work on the trim at the top of the second floor wall. It is done. I built the false front for the attic roofline that makes it appear as on the 1841 Lithograph.

IMG_4061 S.JPG

Last edited:
Now here is where I am right now. My second building needed work on the trim at the top of the second floor wall. It is done. I built the false front for the attic roofline that makes it appear as on the 1841 Lithograph.

IMG_4061.JPG

Last edited:
* All very nice stations. Very good photos. Here is the lithograph from the 1841 map.View attachment 30386

Next is my copy of that seen using my buildings and trains.
View attachment 30387
Hope you like it?
Frank
That is an awesome job and apparently you have done a great amount of research to be able to build a model of this complex. Having spent years researching PRR, PC and Conrail electric locomotives, i can really appreciate what went into this project. Keep it up👍

I wish I had seen the place.

They robbed us and replaced it with an arena that would have probably done better in Jersey.

Is there a subway connection from Penn Station to Grand Central?
There is a subway you can take between two terminals, but you have to make one change of trains within the subway. Some old maps depict what looks like a planned railroad connection between the both terminals, but as far as i know it was never completed.

Back