Help with installing JMRI's Decoder Pro?

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

NP2626

I wrote an Email to Larry Puckett, the DCC Guy who writes the DCC Corner Column for Model Railroader Magazine, asking him about Videos showing how to use Decoder Pro. He said that I needed to go to the the "Search Box" at the upper right hand corner of his website <www.dccguy.com> and type in decoderpro video in the Search Box. Be sure to type it exactly as I have written it. This will take you to 5 videos where how to use JMRI's Decoder Pro is discussed.

If you are interested in being able to use this comprehensive decoder programming software using your computer, this is the best source of information on its' use I have come across!

If you know of other information Videos on decoder Programming software and you wish to share it, by all means present it here!

NP2626

I think I have the operation of JMRI's Decoder Pro working enough that I can now program my decoders. I have found a chink in my armor, however! Without a Soundtrax PTB-100 wired into it, it's best to not mess with Sound Equipped Locomotives. I have a PTB-100 wired into my Program Track off of my layout and I have to decide if I want to remove it and install on my computer, PR 4 and program track, up here in the computer room.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com