Help Painting Plastic Guardrails

Smudge617

I've finally got around to fitting the new guardrail for my Bowser Alco 630, but I need to paint the stanchions, I've never had much success doing these as the paint always flakes off when I try, does anyone know the best way to do this ?

1707047867007.jpeg

This is the original broken rail.

1707047929699.jpeg

By the way, if anyone needs the end rails for one of these let me know, seems Bowser gave me a couple of spares.

1707048016393.jpeg

That is a tough one. I would have to touch up the ones on my Kato due to heat and cold. May be try some 800 grit sandpaper glued to a qtip and lightly rough them up and hand paint them. If it was the whole railing then I would airbrush it.

That is a tough one. I would have to touch up the ones on my Kato due to heat and cold. May be try some 800 grit sandpaper glued to a qtip and lightly rough them up and hand paint them. If it was the whole railing then I would airbrush it.
The original is broken at the last walkway stanchion behind the cab, I could "cut and paste" the last section and simply paint the replacement piece, but considering I only need to paint the stanchions I might as well paint the whole rail.

I do have a selection of various grit sandpaper, I'll see what I have, thanks.

Back