Help on DCC layout.

Nuttman

Pards,

I am starting my first HO layout. I have a Spectrum DCC ready Steam Engine and a set of passenger cars. I am going in the short term to run a small oval track about 24" diameter curves with 6' straights connecting them. I am going to run DCC with a Zephyr control, as I will not be running more that two trains at any time even with my large setup. While working on a bigger permanent track with town, I want to just run the above size oval with Atlas True-track so the Grandkids and I can just watch the trains run. My question is for you more knowledgeable pard's that run DCC. With the above size oval and running only 1 train at a time on the True-track, would I need to connect more than 1 terminal section for attachment of the Zephyr controls and power pack that would supply enough power for the whole oval, or would I need to make additional connections around the track to make sure there is enough power to supply the engine and cars all the way around. If I would need more than 1, how many?. I would also appreciate any additional ideas or opinions any of you may have. Many thanks.

Gene

One connection to the track is sufficient for this setup. Enjoy your time with them and have fun!

By the way, I once ran on a 15 x 20 ft layout powered by a Zephyr. Our club had a biz meeting and afterward ran on the track. We had ten trains running at once, four of which had sound. I once had five going on my Zephyr-powered layout, but that's all I could control by myself.

Thanks Friends,

I am going to get an order in for the rest of the track and get this Atlas track up and running for the Christmas holidays, so the kid's can enjoy. I will be working on my permanent track and town set-up for my long term project. Thanks again.

Gene

Back