Hello

RGSfan

Duane
Hi I've been lurking around here for a couple weeks finally decided to register. I'm a retired truck driver.

I've been fascinated by trains for as long as I remember, been away from modeling for awhile. now that I've got lots of time on my hands it's time to dust'em off and get back to it. Not sure what the future holds as far as layouts go don't have a lot of room but I can still build and detail locos and rolling stock!
As you may guess by my screen name I like narrow gauge but I have standard and narrow HO and standard in N scale lol sounds confusing but I just kinda picked up what ever struck my fancy over the years.
I've looked around here and I definitely have a ways to go to get to the caliber of the model builders on here. Y'all do some real nice work.:)

Welcome to the forum. This forum and the hobby in general seem to to be filled with people returning to the hobby. For one reason or another it sounds like something that would be fun to do once again. I hope you enjoy yourself.:)

Welcome aboard, Duane. Most of us just show you all our good pictures. If saw the rest of the layout, you'd laugh. :) Plenty of members here will help you get up to speed when you have questions.

Welcome, Duane, to what I think is one of the best forums on the web.
Glad to have you come out of the shadows. Most of us did the same thing.

Don't be afraid to ask dumb questions as you may get some dumb answers, too.:eek: But there are a lot of very knowledgeable and experienced modelers on here to offer good advice.
Just remember the advice is usually worth what you pay for it (including this post!), and you may ignore it if you wish. However, that could earn you a few "told you so" remarks.

If you decide what scale, available space and shape of your space, you may want to solicit opinions on what you can build. Have you decided when and where you want to model? Do you have a prototype railroad to recreate or a "free-lance" that resides only in your mind?

Let us know if you are undecided and we can point you to some helpfull "getting started" articles on the forum.

Back