Hello from West Central Indiana

eizzle

Hello everyone, new to the forum and railroads. I had a set I saved up and bought when I was a kid, a simple Bachman oval with 4 or 5 cars. My dad bought me a switch, a sheet of plywood, a roll of "grass" and a trestle bridge. I loved running that train, especially at night with just the locomotive lights on. I don't have any trains now, but, I'm hoping the wife will give me the thumbs up or at least look the other way for awhile ;)

Hi Eizzle - welcome to the forum. I'm fairly new here myself, but have found everyone to be extremely helpful, and lots of information for just about any question you might have. I just gained a spare bedroom back for a potential layout after my daughter moved out, and my wife is looking the other way for now!!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I have a small hobby room, but it's way to small for a layout. My daughter is wanting to switch rooms so we can set one up because, somehow, she got the biggest bedroom in the house. Weird how that works out...

Hello and welcome aboard. You will find that there are a bunch of friendly folk here and lots of information. So feel free to jump in and ask or join a conversation.

Hello and thank you for the warm welcome photogdad! I'm looking forward to getting a few questions answered!

Hey Eizzie, the gals in a house will always stick together. Have you considered a shelf layout in the small room? You can get shelf brackets from a place like Home Depot, and build a shelf layout anywhere from six to a foot or more wide on those brackets. Just a thought. OR........marry that daughter off and stake a claim on her room! ha ha Theres lots of possibilities. Best of luck sir.

Hi Eizzle. Change Bachman to American Flyer for Christmas and that would be a close description of how I got started in model railroading. Once the bug bites you, you will find out that it is a life-long affliction.

This site is a wealth of info and I think you will like it here. Very friendly as well. What RR are you planning on acquiring while your wife is distracted?:p

Hi Eizzle. Change Bachman to American Flyer for Christmas and that would be a close description of how I got started in model railroading. Once the bug bites you, you will find out that it is a life-long affliction.

This site is a wealth of info and I think you will like it here. Very friendly as well. What RR are you planning on acquiring while your wife is distracted?:p

I was thinking an N scale, maybe some light industrial/rural/farm setting, much like around here, as a matter of fact. I was thinking N so I could do a larger layout on a smaller bench. The wife wouldn't mind a train, but since I'm in the process of setting up a saltwater reef aquarium, which I've found, is equal in expense to the model railroad industry. It may take awhile, but I'll get one up and running!

Good points railnut. Problem is the daughter is all about setting up a train, but the marrying her off sounds ok, problem is there are some kind of law about marrying off an eleven year old, but heck, it would save me so much money. Ok, I better go, i hear child protective services coming :p

Back