Hello From Saskatchewan Canada -

Hello Humma and welcome to our model railroad forum, the friendliest one on the web. Tell us a little bit more about your interests. Do you have a layout? Details? I loosely model Santa Fe from 1978 until 1992 in HO scale.
After you get familiar with the forum, drop by the Coffee Shop and get to know some of our members better, and toss around some friendly chat.

Thanks for the Welcome.I currently don't have a lay out as I am in a small apartment but I live beside the Melfort SK yard. I get to watch the grain trains come and go. especially this time of year. They are a CN yard and I plan to do some dioramas of the yard.

G'day humma, welcome, at least you get to see them at play, I only get to hear them on the tracks a couple of hundred yards away, or 250meters give or take. I'm in Queensland Australia. That would be a good idea, some dioramas. Any chance you could do a loosely based switching layout, they can be fun too, keep you occupied and be able to actually move some engines and cars. We've got a 2 meter one at the club I belong to that gets some use as a change to the main layout. We had what I thought was an interesting one on a layout we got given from an old member, basically a short bit of main line with arrival and departure tracks alongside and a yard of stub end tracks arranged across from each other, with a double track run around in between at an angle to suit the switches, a couple of tracks off the other side of the yard leading to loco servicing and a small industry. You could do a lot of car movements in that yard. One or two switchers or road switchers. Took up a space of about 8 x 3. Then someone decided it didn't have potential and took it out. :mad:

Back