Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

A year or two to build - hope your not talking about a real year or two. By the time you finish it, you'll need to do modifications to it :)

Yes Tony, it will take about 1 - 2 years to build. Here's the plan of the 11' x 10' brewery

View attachment 64031

Finally got one wall (48 to go) of the brewery done, well not exactly, still need weathering. The staircase is almost done, I still need to fix a few things, do a bit of weathering and add the part that goes to the roof.
I also need to do the motoring part of the freight door and match the light to it.
I guess, I still have work to do.

View attachment 64032

Later

Lloyd - Looking forward to this build. I remember your design stage (was it last year?) and wondered about it's progress. Note that it sometimes takes me a year or two to complete some projects as well, I'm not an instant gratification kind of person!:rolleyes: That and I sometimes set things aside when I get frustrated with them and don't resume for a while.

Willie

Looking good Lloyd. That is going to be quite the project. I'm sure a few beers will be consumed making it!

Lloyd: Great project and I have problems with Cornerstone Background Buildings and I'll never undertake a project on the scale as your brewery.

Greg

Thanks everyone,

A week as passed and a few more walls of the brewery were build.

View attachment 64101

I also started work on a tunnel. I needed to remove it so that I could finish the inside with plaster to make it look like rock. Since it's a double main line, we are able to see far inside the tunnel, therefore I ballasted all the tracks. The tunnel will be finish on top with a mountain a later date.

View attachment 64102

View attachment 64103

View attachment 64104

Later

Thanks Tony,

It will...lol
I got to get back to wiring the tracks as I've only got about 30% done on 1,100 feet of track.
The top of the helix is not ready for the brewery.
I've got a gorge to do and finish the two trestles.
Blah blah blah....lol you get the picture

The walls of the buildings are not so bad, but the roofs, silos, truck loading docks, building the beer trucks since I can't find any and lets not forget all the electronics that will animate the brewery. Here's an idea of the roof.

View attachment 64105
or something like this

View attachment 64106

Later

Lloyd,

Bloody hell (excuse the french) that is one complicated and detailed roof! I love building stuff but am real glad it is you building this and not me :)

Have to admit that I didn't take into account all of the automation and electrical work this project is going to involve in terms of the time it will take to build. I said it before, but I'll say it again and more so now, this is a massive undertaking and one you really should be very proud of so far.

Nice work Lloyd. I have been following your post but have been quite watching your progress. excellent work.

Lloyd,

Bloody hell (excuse the french) that is one complicated and detailed roof! I love building stuff but am real glad it is you building this and not me :)

Have to admit that I didn't take into account all of the automation and electrical work this project is going to involve in terms of the time it will take to build. I said it before, but I'll say it again and more so now, this is a massive undertaking and one you really should be very proud of so far.

+100......Well put Tony. I can't even imagine taking on a project like Lloyd has taken on.

Jon...

Back