Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
Lloyd, I watched your video again this morning and I really like the weathering on that locomotive and Evergreen box car. You should do a post on the locomotive weathering methods you used. The Evergreen car's weathering is perfect.

Greg

beiland

Stone Arch Viaduct construction

For those of you who haven't seen my entire layout, here's a video in 2 parts that was done by Chris Lyon (about a month ago) who is well known for making videos of layouts. Hope you like it and comments are always welcome.

Video Part 1
I just saw that portion of your video that spoke of the embossed wall paper brick work. I may have to consider something like that to build my stone arch viaduct,...rather than plaster molds etc. https://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/node/37327

Lloyd, I watched your video again this morning and I really like the weathering on that locomotive and Evergreen box car. You should do a post on the locomotive weathering methods you used. The Evergreen car's weathering is perfect.

Greg
Greg, I can't take the credit for the weathering. The locomotive was done by Ralph Renzetti (Weathering - A Touch of Yesterday) and the box car was done by Denis Vanasse (ProWeathering).
I just ordered from Badger, their special sale and should be getting my stuff in about 3 months, in the mean time, Ralph will be starting is clinics online in our Facebook group "ModelrailroadingLive" on how to weather cars and loco's.

Stone Arch Viaduct construction
I just saw that portion of your video that spoke of the embossed wall paper brick work. I may have to consider something like that to build my stone arch viaduct,...rather than plaster molds etc. https://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/node/37327
I love the 3D embossed paper. You just need to make sure to align properly the sheets so to blend the joints and do a bit of weathering. It's a great product used by diorama builders in Europe. (the paper comes from Greece)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.