Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

That grass looks great Lloyd , nice and thick . Is that your first attempt at that? Loco house is impressive also , very nice work.

Lloyd, That is just downright good looking!

Thank You very much Sherrel

Static grass looks great

Thanks Edsland

It really does make a huge difference. How long did that section take you to do?

That section took me about 5 hours. I did half the 12 foot section.

That grass looks great Lloyd , nice and thick . Is that your first attempt at that? Loco house is impressive also , very nice work.

Thanks Jim, yes it's my first attempt, if you don't count my little practice on a 2' x 2'. I hope to have the engine house finish in 2-3 weeks (if I can receive the shingles sheets I ordered soon)

I said I was going to post pictures of my engine house, so here's where I'm at.

I've put the engine house on a frame so that the base doesn't warp until I'm ready to put it in place.
I need to install the tracks inside and wooden planks on the floor.

View attachment 61703

I'm waiting for some shingles from Laser Art and also need to install roof vents to complete the roof.
As you can see, I have wooden planks that runs along the length of the roof.
I still need to do the corners of the walls and the doors.

View attachment 61702

I've put retaining plates to hold the bricks.
I need to put some tar around the fixed roof.

View attachment 61700

Weathering on the missing bricks and on the building needs to be done

View attachment 61701

This building is all done from scratch. The material used are, Balsa wood, 1/16 cardboard, styrene and embossed paper brick.

Later

Great progress and work both with the static grass and the engine house Lloyd! I really like the rusty roof.

Really like he engine house. The static grass really looks fantastic. If you want, you can come over and practice on my layout any time you want. I do have beer in the fridge. Grin.gif

Lloyd,

Just finished reading this thread from the beginning and to say I'm impressed would be an understatement.

As someone who is returning to the hobby after 40+ years I have learned a lot from your posts and am glad you are continuing to post progress reports. I have been tossing around the idea of building an around the room layout (a lot smaller than your's) and you have encouraged me to move forward with it.

Keep up the great work!

Jon...

Thanks Chet,
I appreciate your offer, I'll exchange the static grass for all my wiring......ok?

Thanks Jon, It must of been a hell of a read....lol
Glad you've learn a few things or two, I must say that I learn quite a few things from this community.
Hope you do post a few pictures when you get started.

Hi Lloyd,
I've been inactive on here for quite some time now but I started having a look through your thread and I have found it fascinating!
I'm absolutely astonished that you have achieved so much in just two years or so - really well done!
My modelling ebbs and flows all the time so it's good to read of your enthusiasm.
Cheers,
John.

Back