Havasu train club

maczimb

Hi Guys.
I survived Hurricane Ike, we were in the center of Houston as he passed through.
Now back home in Lake Havasu City, Arizona.
Four or five years ago there was an active model train club in Havasu, they lost there lease on the building and seemed to drop out of sight.
I would love to make contact with anyone connected, any suggestions.
I mentioned before that I intend to get into model trains, just as soon as I get done with the honeydo list, I hope to be up and running by Christmas and I would appreciate some local support.
Although I haven't posted much, I read this stuff every day.
Mac

WARNING! Habit forming...

:D... and not necessarily a bad habit!
Check with your local hobby shop (LHS) for people who are regular train customers that you may be able to contact. Many clubs meet at members homes to work on layouts and club projects.
You will need to put up notices at local community bulletin boards if you don't have a LHS to get contacts.
Putting your request on this forum is a good idea as modelers across the country may know someone in your area to recommend as a contact.

Come on back to this forum with questions as you get started. People are very friendly and helpful. Many different methods available for modelers of different skill levels.
The only dumb question is the one you don't ask!
Mikey

I lived in Havasu for a year in 1990

Greetings Mac,
I once lived in Havasu while taking part in a cultural exchange program with the Havasupi people and rented a place in Havasu City.

While I was there I fell in love with the town and wish that I could live back there.
I told myself that I would return there when I retire to live out the remainder of my life and someday I hope too do just that.

You'r very lucky too live in such a beautiful place, enjoy it.

reading your post just brought back some wonderful memories for me, thanks.
Jess Red Horse of the Northern Blackfeet Nation.

Back