Handling Locomotives and General Service

Greg@mnrr

Section Hand
I have several locomotives in my fleet that I seem to run more than others and they are a mix of finely detailed locomotives to those lacking delicate features.

With several locomotives I have broken hand rails just by catching them on utility poles or right or way mishaps. I now been ordering spare hand rails shortly after purchasing a new locomotive to make sure they are still in stock and I'll have them if and when the need arises.

The same with lift rings. I forgot that some of the locomotive have these delicate creatures and they maybe be missing in areas on a couple of locos.

I try to be as careful as possible and handle locomotive only when necessary.

Is just me with this problem?

Greg

No, it is an unfortunate fact of life when we get models with so much fine, fragile details installed.

Is just me with this problem?
No, I have yet to get out, use, and put away one of the supper detail models without some issue. Broken horn, hand rail, MU hose, lift ring, radio antenna, etc. I cannot wait until I get a real layout where I can just put the equipment on and leave it.

For operating sessions I intend to have a different fleet of less detailed models that can withstand the abuse. Roll the good stuff out for photo ops and public exhibitions only.

Back