Hand Rails for a KATO Northern Pacific Business Car

Greg@mnrr

Section Hand
I have a KATO Northern Pacific Business car and I need a set of handrails since I either "lost" or damaged some of the kit supplied hand rails. The hand rails are almost impossible to find if they are dropped or launched when cutting from the sprues. I considered making my own hand rails, but rather hopefully I can find a set that is OEM.

The KATO site doesn't list them as being available.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Greg

Is this the car you are referring to?

IMAG0549.jpg

Forming handrails from piano wire is easy. About all it takes is a needlenose pliars and some trial and error at getting the spacing of the bends right. You might have to drill some holes which is easy enough with a proper-sized drill and pin vise.

I am really disappointed with it. I love the looks and details of the car, but the colors are so far off. I was thinking about a repaint, but with the disassembly of the car and all of the other projects I have managed to procrastinate, it will probably just sit off on a siding or in the hidden staging tracks,,

When I finish the hand rails on my Business Car, it will be a visiting, fan touring train pulled by a NP 0-8-0. The 0-8-0 was an early purchase from Life Like and I have the sound decoder and speaker to install.

Greg

Back