Ground Throws 4 Kato turnouts?

Hmmmmmm........I don't think I've ever seen a ground throw that was labeled for Kato. I'm sure something could be made to work, but it might involve doing some modifying to the switches, which you might not want to do. Don't the Kato switches have a manual lever on them already?

I believe there is a small sliding lever on the Kato just like Atlas turnouts have. Kato just does a better job of hiding their motor/linkage. If you look at pictures of Katos you can see a small black "slash" on the side of the roadbed alongside the points....that's the lever. Without this, there would be no way to operate the switch without wiring it up, so
i think every manufacturer has a manual throw on their "remote" switches for those users who set up on the livingroom floor or diningroom table.

Both of the KATO turnouts have a manual slide switch built into them on the straight side.No other controller is needed.

Caboose Industries ground throws are based on the throw distance. I wound up using some N-scale throws on my HO layout simply because they had the right throw length AND they were smaller and looked better.

I have no idea what brand turnouts I used, I just measured the necessary throw and went from there.

Back