Great DCC website!!

N

NP2626

I apologize if this website has been linked to previously, it certainly should have been!

http://www.dccguy.com/

This is the website of the guy who is the writer for DCC Corner in Model Railroader. His name is Larry Puckett. Just below the opening page of this website are many different topics covering all sorts of DCC suggestions and answering questions. One I have been interested in lately is installing Capacitor circuits like Keep Alive devices in locomotives which do not have the little plug ins in their decoders for such a device.

Visit the site and take a look around! I've found the site to be very helpful!

Last edited by a moderator:
There is also a ton of information on DCC and DC systems at the Model Railroader Magazine's Website. Articles by Dana Kawala, David Popp, Terry Thompson, Larry Puckett and Mike Polsgrove.

Here is another, found this in my own favorites list. http://www.wiringfordcc.com/intro2dcc.htm This one was set-up by Alan Gartner, don't know who he is, so I can't vouch for the information he has provided. However, I have looked at it and it seems to be sound advice from the little I have looked at.

My go to supplier for DCC items has been ModelTrainStuff M.B. Klien. However, their selection isn't the greatest. So my next choice has been Stevesdepot, which has a great selection and very competitive prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
My go to supplier for DCC items has been ModelTrainStuff M.B. Klien. However, their selection isn't the greatest. So my next choice has been Stevesdepot, which has a great selection and very competitive prices.

Mark, do you have a link to their site?

I have also done some business with Tony's Train Exchange and find their website to be somewhat difficult to navigate, in that there is no place to be specific about what you're looking for. Instead you have to scroll through everything a manufacturer offers in a specific line of products to eventually and possibly find the item you are interested in. Price wise Tony's and Steve's are very close!

My last DCC System purchase (yesterday) was from Tony's Trains, who I have bought from in the past as well. Their prices are good and their service (unlike other places) is very good. I also beleive they will do DCC installs as well although cannot vouch for that or what they charge for doing so.

I asked Tony's for a price on installing a Sound Decoder in a NWSL Pacific Brass loco. I asked the quote to take into consideration that I have the decoder, speaker and other items I wanted installed. Their quote came back at around $250.00. I decided I will do it myself.

The loco being brass may have upped the cost a bit, I don't know, just guessing as $250 just to install what you provide sounds a lot, a real lot to me, especially when there is a guy on another site that does it for $90 + parts per engine. I even thought $90 was too much to be honest.

Back