gomotorbids anyone?

Rico

BN Modeller
I'm just wondering if anyone has dealt with this site yet or not:
www.gomotorbids.com/Index1.cfm

Unless I've missed out I haven't seen mention of it here yet.
Not sure what to make of it really, seems like they ship using a flat rate system. $20.00 to my door regardless of if it's a $100 loco or a $1 piece o' track.
I sent them an email regarding this, I'll let you know how it goes.
There's some good stuff there but nothing I need.
(I know I know, it's "want" not "need") :p

I've seen ads for the outfit but haven't seen any reports about how well it works yet. I'm a little skeptical since this seems to be a site that started out selling cars and is now trying to poach some of e-bay's territory. I assume the $20 shipping you're talking about must be to Canada since it appears $9.80 is the US rate. I'd be interested to hear about anyone's experience with the site.

I registered. Will give it a try some day and report back.

Ahhh, a guinea pig for our little experiment!
(insert evil laugh here, the kind you hear right around tax time)
I'll see if I get an answer about the flat rate shipping... come on $20 to ship if I win a $1.00 auction?

It's $9 shipping to anywhere in the US....... $20 outside US........ And the site appears to be down. I didn't break it, I swear.

Talked to someone who used it......seems he failed to read the fine print (the flat rate shipping) and was more than a little POed since he bought a $2 item and paid 5X that in shipping.....sounded like it worked OK otherwise with no problems.

Well I just got my answer from them.
The $20.00 is the flat rate shipping, that's it. Each additional item adds $3.00 to the total.
Okay, maybe a loco or two might be worth it, but let's say I won this nifty little '67 Ford Custom: http://www.gomotorbids.com/LotDetai...orks-HO-Scale-1967-Ford-Custom-500-Lime-Green which is currently sitting at $1.00...... that brings up the cost slightly don'tcha think?
Can't see throwing my hard earned dollar at them at this point in time.

(BTW these are great cars to strip down and throw behind the bushes!)

Back