Gmd f59ph

LATX

I was wondering the GMD F59PH that was only built for Metrolink and Go Transit what would be a good freight engine to make the hood and chassis out of? I see that railfyler makes the cab so what about the rest of the engine, Jus curious cause i'm thinking of drafting one out after i finish my BA demos

thanks in advance

Why don't you buy a Kaslo shell? They make a Ph. I and II shell. I just got mine, a really nice kit. It's made to fit on a P2K GP60 chassis.

I think Metrolink and Go were the only RR's to have these units. The PHi's were way more popular. For the record, AMT is leasing ex-Go Ph's right now.

Railflyer makes a different cab than the one on the F59PH. You'll need a 3 window cab, which is available from Smokey Valley/Train Station Products/Detail Associates (they're all the same cab, just the dies have passed from one company to another).

The Kaslo Shops kit is a decent kit, with a lot of parts. You'll need a chassis (from an F59PHI, I believe) and a ton of time and patience. But you'll end up with a great looking locomotive. Railflyer is releasing the proper green paint.

You can find them on eBay every so often...and Kaslo Shops is in business. You can call John and he'll sell you whatever you need.

timothy dineen

This is one model i've wanted myself.

And didn't michigans supposed new commuter train get a F59PH? I know NC DOT got 3 I believe and are already rebuilt and painted in the NC DOT scheme. They look good like that oo.

email John Whitmore directly...

info(AT)kasloshops.com

be patient with the response, he commutes 1000 mi to work each week....

Back