GMC (crackerbox) A&H Truck Line

TrucTrain55

Here's a pic of one if my favorite truck lines. I built this sylvan GMC (crackerbox) about 7 yrs ago and just put it on the layout last year. Truck is hand painted and I added updated front wheels. Trailer is a Athearn ready to roll freuhauf image.jpg extended post with Custom decals added.

Nice model Lee. Not meaning to be critical, but it needs a little weathering. Still, you did a great job.

Willie

Nice looking truck. I am a collector of HO scale vehicles for anything 1957 and older. Something like this would fit right in. Nice job.

The B&W pic suits the era. Don't think we saw those GMC or the Ford COE's out here. British Leyland and the English GMC Bedfords were the common ones. Ex WW2 Ford Canadian pattern "Blitz" or Chev 1-1/2 ton, with a few Dodge troop carriers were adapted after the war to civilian use.
Canadian "Blitz"
1538270102817.png

Chev 1-1/2 ton
1538270170437.png

Chev 1941
1538270246546.png

Dodge, which looks like the Chev anyway
1538270567219.png

Nice photos. Our volunteer fire department still uses an ex military 6 by for a tanker and pumper truck.

Here's a pic of one if my favorite truck lines. I built this sylvan GMC (crackerbox) about 7 yrs ago and just put it on the layout last year. Truck is hand painted and I added updated front wheels. Trailer is a Athearn ready to roll freuhauf View attachment 19184 extended post with Custom decals added.
I know that Athearn marketed those trailers as "Freuhauf", but by the three closely-spaced vertical ribs over the landing gear, the design was originally Strick Trailer Corporation. Freuhauf bought Strick, but then sold it back to members of the original family. My late father-in-law and his brother founded the original company. I have no connection with the company...except I married his daughter!

So I guess you know about the McLean Trucking story how he converted Strick Trailers into over seas containers

Back