Getting your wife involved

Well my wife encorages me with my hobby . She doesn't mind me working on MRR and such . Her hobby is Quilling not Quilting .

I didn't see karate or judo, but I did see a sumo wrestler guy, #29005 Prieser, and a street scene in which 2 guys look like they are fighting, #10475 Prieser

Some judicious heating and you could probably reposition limbs to suit. I've not done it, but I'm sure other folks have.

Kennedy

Most of the structures on my layout were done by my wife. We started this as a joint venture. She would do the structures, building, abutments, some of the bridges etc. and I would do the track. She shows off the photos, videos, etc. to her friends. She's very creative. She once made a teddy bear out of old men's ties. I've never seen any thing like it. So maybe you have another modeler in the house and don't even know it. This is a real old photo and it's not very clear but it's her first attempt at a steam engine coaling tower.

coaling_tower.jpg

NYC_George

George...Thank you for showing that picture. Tell your wife she gets an 'A' from me.
My wife collects dolls and bears and I would love to see a picture of that teddy bear she made from ties to show my wife. Between the two of you, you should have a layout built in no time ! With most of us it's a solitary thing.

Larry

Like others have said my wife helps out on Christmas for me and has allowed a budget for the layout throughout the year. Otherwise, she basically says that nice and if she comes down to the basement and I'm running trains basically says thats neat and heads back upstairs. I would say it works out pretty good. She enjoys that i have a hobby that I like doing and encourages me when the frustrating things like Grimlins occur. So all is well.

My wife doesn't have an once of interest in trains herself, but she does appreciate how it keeps me at home* and out of trouble.

* except for an occassional railfan expedition

Back