Getting stuff lit

Can you share the name of the web dealer that you purchased the gooseneck lamps from?

Goose_neck_light_seller.JPG

To let everyone know I bought 2 more 3 volt DC power supplies so I wouldn't have to worry about adding resistors. The power supplies were only $6.00 and saves a lot of extra soldering.

George

Continuing on around the layout lighting stuff up I had to relight the RR memorabilia dwarf signal I created a few years ago. I made a mistake of connecting it to a 12v power supply one day a blew the two dollar store flashlights I use to light the signal. I did not use any rocket science as a format to light this signal. I took out the flashlight's battery parts and soldered on 2 wires that connect to a 3 volt power supply. I also bought a dollar store green plastic school notebook, cut out 2 pieces to place in front of the flashlights to display a clear signal.
George

Dwarf_Signal_1.jpg
dwarf_signal_2.jpg

Continuing on around the layout lighting stuff up I had to relight the RR memorabilia dwarf signal I created a few years ago. I made a mistake of connecting it to a 12v power supply one day a blew the two dollar store flashlights I use to light the signal. I did not use any rocket science as a format to light this signal. I took out the flashlight's battery parts and soldered on 2 wires that connect to a 3 volt power supply. I also bought a dollar store green plastic school notebook, cut out 2 pieces to place in front of the flashlights to display a clear signal.
George

View attachment 41823View attachment 41824
That is a pretty cool scratch built dwarf signal. good job!

The freight yard lights I bought arrived the other day. I like the lights, 20 for $6.45 free shipping. I did not like the light base so I made my own base out of some tubbing I had left over from another project. The lights come with a clip on sign that I discarded although you could print up some Christmas decorations and clip them on for the holidays if your going to use them as street lights. The light enclosure and base are white I painted them all silver.
George

barrel_factory_12_13_2019.jpg

George - everything you've done in this thread is amazing! I'm at least 2 years out before I start lighting my layout. Now I can't wait. Very nice work, indeed!

I think the goose neck lights at the trailer loading docks are too bright.
Have you considered using a LED dimmer?

The building interiors look real good, I may have to copy your idea.

Dennis I think it's the camera more then the goose neck lights but I think passenger car shop lights seem a little to bright. I'm running these light off a 3 volt power supply. I think I tried using a 1.5 volt power supply I had sitting around doing nothing but the lights never came on at all when I hooked it up. You think a LED dimmer would do the trick?

George

Dennis I think it's the camera more then the goose neck lights but I think passenger car shop lights seem a little to bright. I'm running these light off a 3 volt power supply. I think I tried using a 1.5 volt power supply I had sitting around doing nothing but the lights never came on at all when I hooked it up. You think a LED dimmer would do the trick?

George
A dimmer should work because mine are on a dimmer not sure what brand. The lights look really good.

Got some signal bridges going this week. I used a Oregon Rail Supply kit for one the home boards. The signals aspects are controlled by the turn outs and crossovers. If your going to use one of the Oregon Rail Supply kits use the smallest wires possible. I found out this the hard way. To many wires no enough space in the signal mass tube.
George

Home_Board_1.jpg
Home_Board_2.jpg
home_board_3.jpg
home_board_4.jpg

Back