Genesis delay

Charles Smiley

cspmovies
I have a pair of Athearn-Genesis F7A units (SP B/W colors) I bought them back around 2009.

They have early DCC sound decoders. When they "start up" it takes about 12 seconds before any motion starts. Running it with Intermountain B units causes the A units to drag the Genesis units until they have finished their stupid "start" sound sequence. It's so obnoxious that I stopped running them but I need to deal with the issue.

How can I eliminate the ridiculous attempt at sonic self-indulgence. Do I just have to rip the original decoders out or is there a CV that I can change?

Chas.

The Athearn Gas Turbine has a feature that realistically reflects correct engine throttle up and it takes 12 seconds to get it going. You can turn that feature off however, look for that in your engines. Or your other engine isnt turned on...I know yours isnt the turbine but it can or may still have the feature. Alao look for start delays in the DCC, and check your starting voltages.

What CV turns that "feature" off on yours. Maybe it's the same. There was ZERO documentation for the DCC in the boxes when I bought them. They were the pre-Tsunami sound cards.

Back