FS - BLI Reading T1, Paragon 2 (with caution)

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

I have a Reading T-1 from BLI's Paragon 2 series (DCC sound). For some mystery reason it never runs more than a few inches and shorts out. Ten other locos don't have this problem on my layout. I sent it off to Train Service Depot, BLI's recommended repair shop, and they sent it back saying it ran fine on their track. I don't have the time or resources to try (and fail) at diagnosing this loco any more. It's mostly sat in the original box since I got it around five years ago. I'm happy to sell it cheap, or trade it for BLI ACF tank cars from a couple of their four packs (specifically black and white Hooker, Niagara Smelting, Niagara Alkali, Electro Bleaching - any combo), an Atlas code 100 RH #6 turnout, and some clear Elmer's glue for ballasting. Seriously any combo of that is fine, I'm just defeated with this loco and wish someone else can fix it and give it the life it deserves. :D

bnsf971

AKA Gomez Addams
Staff member
I have a Reading T-1 from BLI's Paragon 2 series (DCC sound). For some mystery reason it never runs more than a few inches and shorts out. Ten other locos don't have this problem on my layout. I sent it off to Train Service Depot, BLI's recommended repair shop, and they sent it back saying it ran fine on their track. I don't have the time or resources to try (and fail) at diagnosing this loco any more. It's mostly sat in the original box since I got it around five years ago. I'm happy to sell it cheap, or trade it for BLI ACF tank cars from a couple of their four packs (specifically black and white Hooker, Niagara Smelting, Niagara Alkali, Electro Bleaching - any combo), an Atlas code 100 RH #6 turnout, and some clear Elmer's glue for ballasting. Seriously any combo of that is fine, I'm just defeated with this loco and wish someone else can fix it and give it the life it deserves. :D
PM sent.

I'm a closet masochist...

Oh wow I'm really sorry to have not responded for so long. I gave it to a friend to tinker with months ago and I should be getting it back in a few weeks. I doubt it runs any better but I will keep my hopes up and post again when I find out.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com