Fructose/Sucrose plant

SunsetLimited

Enjoy the Journey
Hey guys,

I'm building a Fructose and Sucrose production plant for my Midwestern layout. I've used a variety of kits so far. Still a lot to do, but let me know what you think. Excuse the FedEx trailers - They're the only ones I had. I've still got to paint it and add lots of tanks and pipes and other details.

IMG_20190605_211140.jpg

Mitch

I think it'll be corn products. The factory will make corn syrup, fructose and sucrose as well as bagged crystalline sugars.

Looks good as an industry. While passable I wouldn't say the first thing that comes to my mind is fructose. Just my 0.02 worth.

On another note, are you going to space out the facilities of the campus a bit to accommodate interplant truck/service traffic?

Good luck

I promise it will look more fructosey once it's done. There will be signs, tanks, and a lot of pipes and stuff. Here's an update. The blue buildings are hideous but I like that. They look new and cheaply painted, and I'm hoping to tone them down with weathering a little too. The blue I'm hoping will make the silos stand out a bit too. They were otherwise hidden originally. The brick building is supposed to represent part of the original factory that has been since expanded. The other main structures are a dirty white sort of colour (but not in the picture).

IMG_20190624_161101.jpg

Impressive! Has to be one of the largest industries that I have seen - well, maybe except a steel mill?
Nice work overall ... a little tone down of the "new paint" look would add to the scene.

Back