Forum Software Upgrade Completed

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Your user name and password will migrate from the old forum, as will messages you've posted.

I did the garden forum last week. Everyone was able to log in except for a few folks who had forgotten their password AND hadn't updated their e-mail. As long as your e-mail works, you can easily get a password reset. But if you've used an out of date e-mail, you can't get the reset mail. In that case, let me know either here or on the forum FB page and I'll help you get back in once we validate your identity.

For most folks, simply log in as usual and you're good to go.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
An hour and a half later and we're at 60%. So a couple more hours and this phase should be done. The phrase "watching paint dry" comes to mind.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
There is, but we don't use it that much. We want people to stay here on the website, not go visit Facebook. (7 hours later, they go "how did I get here?" )

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Database migration is finally complete. Now some testing, final software upgrades and we can bring the place back online. If I'm lucky, I'll get it done tonight.

wombat457

Staff member
Bob,

I may have missed this but do we need to re register? My log in details aren't being accepted on the new site.

NP2626

Bob, it won't let me in. It says: "[FONT=&quot]The requested user 'NP2626' could not be found."[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

bob

Administrator
Staff member
I can't find either one of you in the member list. (Worried look...)

Did you have an account an RailroadForums.com previously? It doesn't share a members list with this site.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
I think I might know what's going on. If you were a member, but hadn't visited in over a year and had zero posts, your account was deleted. We had thousands of folks who'd joined years ago (up to 14 years), visited for a while and then went away. The thought was that if you hadn't visited in over a year and had zero posts, it's likely you weren't coming back. Even if you did, nothing was lost since you had no posts, and it's easy to sign up again.

NP2626

That's not the case with either Wombat's or my situation, both of us are current members and likely post every day!

wombat457

Staff member
I can't find either one of you in the member list. (Worried look...)

Did you have an account an RailroadForums.com previously? It doesn't share a members list with this site.
Bob,

Um - I think I am a member? (more worried looks) :)

bob

Administrator
Staff member
I think I’ve found the problem... sister websites with nearly identical names.
We have two websites.
1) modelrailroadforums - this site, model railroads.
2) railroadforums - different site, full size trains
I’ve just finished rebuilding the second one, it’s what your looking at. It was offline for two days, so I posted updates here. We haven’t begun the upgrade for this website yet. Unfortunately, it will also be offline during the process and it’s going to take a few days.

wombat457

Staff member
Bob,

Ah okay, it is the Railroadforums.com I am unable to get into; therefore, I am assuming that I need to register there as well.

I know I had an account and was there not so long ago but I may not have posted on the site for a long time. I guess that is the issue I have with my account so I will create a new account.

Thanks
Dave

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.