Forum Notification - ISSUE RESOLVED-

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Hello, how do I receive notifications of replies to threads I've posted in?
I clicked on "Watch" and nothing happens.

The issue I was having is resolved; I now receive e-mail notifications to posts I'm watching.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Olie

Click the Alerts tab in the upper right. Then select preferences. You can decide what you want to generate emails and other notifications from that screen.

Hello Olie,
Thank you for the information, I had already clicked every box in the "Preference" section and still didn't get any e-mails.

migalyto

See the "watch" tab in the upper corner of the first post? Click it, and it will drop down a preference box. Choose receive Email notifications.

Hello Mike, the watch tab is already in the "Unwatch" position so it means that I should receive e-mail notifications.
In the "Alert Preferences" all the the boxes are checked.

Last edited:

Sirfoldalot

Plucked Tailfeathers
Staff member
Someone else was complaining a few days ago about their notifications not posting?
I think it was KARL ...

Anyway, Serge, Welcome to the forum!

Yannis

Not wanting to start another thread on the same issue, but i don't get notifications on all topics that i subscribed. I do get them though, for a few threads from the past.

Sirfoldalot

Plucked Tailfeathers
Staff member
Hello, how do I receive notifications of replies to threads I've posted in?
I clicked on "Watch" and nothing happens.

The issue I was having is resolved; I now receive e-mail notifications to posts I'm watching.

Thank you.
SERGE -- How was the issue resolved?
Did you do something, or did Bob "fix" something?
I like to know for future reference.

Sirfoldalot

Plucked Tailfeathers
Staff member
Hello Sherrel,
I didn't do anything; I suddenly started to receive e-mail notifications.
Thank you.
From the deep-dark caverns :eek: of my mind ... I seem to remember that there was a "time out" on something-or-other for new members, but I did not think that it had to do with notifications? Maybe I "thought" fixed it without knowing? :p
Glad It's working for you. :)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com