Forum Migration Completed

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Edit - Welcome to the new server, the migration has been completed!

I'm currently migrating websites to the new server. Depending on how smoothly that goes, this forum will be migrated in the next day or two. The process will take quite a while, possibly up to 8 hours. I'm going to try and schedule it to happen at night.

Last edited:

bob

Administrator
Staff member
The process is going well (and quickly) with the other forums. If I don't run into any complications, we'll be migrating tonight.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Of course, as soon as I said that, I run into a snag with the railroad forum. But it's a bit of special case, and I suspect tech support on the new server will have it cleaned up soon.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Well that went really well, aside from a momentary panic caused by using the railroadforums IP when testing and not being able to get here. (And, for a moment, thinking I'd managed to import that database instead and was going to have to start over, eek!)

If the speed at which it unpacks tar archives is any indication, this new server zips right along, pretty dang cool.

Welcome to the new place, that should be the last scheduled outage for a while.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I see some other users are starting to show up. That tells me the place is online and working, so I'm going to knock off for the night and get some rest. Enjoy the new place everyone, hope you like it.

tootnkumin

Staff member
That worked out well for me, I was at the club today for their open day/buy&sell and have just got back online a short while ago.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I did it late last night, there were a few folks online but not many. The IP update had all night to update, so I'm guessing that most folks will log in and never even notice the website was offline.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you. I'm working on one more small adjustment but that is probably out a few weeks or more. The majority of the work is done, and the new server is fast. Also, both it and the new software are far more secure than the old versions. I've also got Sucuri monitoring the site 24/7.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com