Florida Clubs

szaretsky

Hi - I'm looking for information on any HO modular clubs in Central Florida. Anybody know of any?

Thanks,

Steven Zaretsky
Harmony, FL

I live in Spring Hill, Fla. That's in Hernando county.......Where are you located? Hernando county we have a HO Trak club last I heard they have a space in the hernando county fair grounds, and Dana's Train(LHS) has a HO club. If your close to orlando They have several clubs! Check with you LHS and they should have a Local Club List!

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Spring Hill, Fla. That's in Hernando county.......Where are you located? Hernando county we have a HO Trak club last I heard they have a space in the hernando county fair grounds, and Dana's Train(LHS) has a HO club. If your close to orlando They have several clubs! Check with you LHS and they should have a Local Club List!

I'm in Osceola County - south of Orange county and west of Brevard. There is no LHS - I'm in the middle of ranch country. The nearest HS is Colonial up in Orlando and that's nearly an hour away. The do publish a list every week, but there are no modular clubs listed.

Thanks for the help - I continue my search. Is there anybody else from Central Florida on this forum?

I'm in Osceola County - south of Orange county and west of Brevard. There is no LHS - I'm in the middle of ranch country. The nearest HS is Colonial up in Orlando and that's nearly an hour away. The do publish a list every week, but there are no modular clubs listed.

Thanks for the help - I continue my search. Is there anybody else from Central Florida on this forum?

Orlando N trak is the only club I know of in orlando!

I too am in Osceola County and your right, there is not a lot around us.
There is a club in Lake Wales (just went to their show) but I dont think they have a modular HO layout. At the show the Sebring Model railroad club brought their modular HO layout to the show. They do have a fixed layout in an old railroad building in downtown Lake Wales.
I have seen an email somewhere for a club in the St. Cloud/Kissimmee area but I dont think they have a website.
There is another club in Plant City and of course the club in Orlando but I dont know anything about either. (lotta help that is right?)

Lake Wales model railroad club....... www.lwmrrclub.com you might ask someone there and perhaps they can point you in the right direction.

good luck..

Walter

The Club in Plant City has at least a modular of 3 diff. scales. N-HO-ON3.
they also have 4 diff. layouts in the old school in Plant City.
I think their next show is in March on the 21st at Hillsborough Jr. College campus in Plant City. I go every year & have been since 1971. It's the HB Plant RR society.

Larry

Just realized where you are Steve.
Wouldnt Melbourne or Cocoa be alot closer to you? With 192 being 4 lane now its gotta be a pretty quick jump out to the coast. Problem is I dont know of any clubs out that way.
So once again........no help. but good luck!

Thanks

George, Walter, Larry;

Thank you for the help -- I appreciate you sharing.

Walter, where in Osceola County? Yes - Brevard County is closer, but I haven't found anything there either. I just figured that with basements being non-existent down here that modular railroading would make sense. I have two modules ready to go but can't decide between HO NMRA or Free-mo -- if I could find somebody else in the area who uses either, I'd feel a lot better about proceeding. Anybody else in Central Florida reading this?

Thanks,

Steven Zaretsky
Harmony, FL

George, Walter, Larry;

Thank you for the help -- I appreciate you sharing.

Walter, where in Osceola County? Yes - Brevard County is closer, but I haven't found anything there either. I just figured that with basements being non-existent down here that modular railroading would make sense. I have two modules ready to go but can't decide between HO NMRA or Free-mo -- if I could find somebody else in the area who uses either, I'd feel a lot better about proceeding. Anybody else in Central Florida reading this?

Thanks,

Steven Zaretsky
Harmony, FL

Steven,
I am in Poinciana and like you.......close to nothing.

I found this at Railroad Model Craftsman.......
link......... http://www.rrmodelcraftsman.com/timetable.html

ORLANDO, FL Central Florida RR Modelers are accepting new members at 2500 Silver Star Rd., Ste. 1700 Club meets Saturday evenings and is constructing new HO scale layout using Digitrax Control System as well as operating CTC system. Info.: Eric Hench, 407/365-1917.

COCOA, FL. Local club is seeking new members after moving to a new location, to help build the new DCC HO layout and rework an existing N-scale layout. We meet Tuesday mornings and Wednesday evenings at 1122A Lake Drive, Cocoa. Info.: Dave Klein: 321/783-5469.

Doesnt sound like either is a modular set up but maybe someone there knows where you might look.

good luck.
Walter

There's a old club in Pasco County, in New Port Richey on Moog Rd. If i'm not mistaken. also there's a club In Largo near the old honeywell plant.

Back