First rock job :)

dunginhawk

Good evening folks.. So my daughter and I have been working on this for a couple weeks now.. Decided to get some rock moulds, and today I started to make rocks and place them.
My theory around placement was, place them where the angle is steepest. Shallow slopes can be grassy/dirt, but steep angles wouldnt be able to do that.
Let me know what you think so far.
Please dont hold back... want to make this good.
thanks

1578882014329.png

1578882035109.png

Looks really good, even for a fourth or fifth attempt. In future, I would suggest taking a thin metal spackle spatula and nicking and slitting the semi-hardened plaster to make it more seamless between the slabs of rock. Some of those are fine, especially if they will be covered with ground foam or bushes, but you don't want an entire border to look like it oozed out from behind the rock and you just left it as is. It's not too late, either...you can do it now, but with a utility knife (use an old blade).

Last edited:
Yep. I did go back and brush it with a chip brush, which I think helped some.. However I had planned to cover those spots with plaster anyway... So I still need to put a coat of plaster over the entire thing, so i think i can use this time to cover up those spots.

Thank you for the suggestions

Back