Fire station

Aerojet

Well it has been a bit since I added anything to the pike, but recently I have been adding fire equipment beyond the little two stall fire station I have been using. Suggestions on what to add to the pike which is going to fit someplace? Not sure how much space I will have, but can take something off to add this unit. Been looking at the "Menards" fire station, and a Volmer unit. The Menards is a built and ready unit which will fit a 11 x 6 space, which I can find, the Volmer needs about 12 x 8 or so. Just polling the group as to what you have for your fire house -- I need to find space for 2 engine companies, 1 truck company, 1 tank company and a EMS unit. Chief's car can go outside if needed.

Find the Mendards unit at their site, it is a new building, I think built by Woodland Scenics for them.

Thanks for your advice.

The Aerojet.

What era are you modeling? I'm not near that far yet, but I'm modeling present day. This is what I have for my fire station. These are the buildings I see now for housing fire equipment so it fits perfectly for me.

Walthers makes a couple of multi-era fire houses as well, or you could get a few sheets of styrene, and scratch build one that would fit in your space available, and not have to move anything.

1535307616310.png

As far as era, this doesn't matter, as I am all over the place. Probably late 60's on.

279-5015F.jpg

This is the "Menards" station. I am not sure if i am going with that - or - something else. This fits in an 11 x 6 space and needs it's own 4.5volt power supply to light. The truck company shown is "glued" to the thing but i can remove that and put my own in it's place. Stock the station with fire apparatus, and I have a good location to work out of.

Just my thoughts at this writing.

The Aerojet

Hey Aerojet,

I highly recommend this one from Walter's. It's a nice kit sounds like it will fit your needs.

DSCF6451.JPG

Last edited:
Well it has been a bit since I added anything to the pike, but recently I have been adding fire equipment beyond the little two stall fire station I have been using. Suggestions on what to add to the pike which is going to fit someplace? Not sure how much space I will have, but can take something off to add this unit. Been looking at the "Menards" fire station, and a Volmer unit. The Menards is a built and ready unit which will fit a 11 x 6 space, which I can find, the Volmer needs about 12 x 8 or so. Just polling the group as to what you have for your fire house -- I need to find space for 2 engine companies, 1 truck company, 1 tank company and a EMS unit. Chief's car can go outside if needed.

Find the Mendards unit at their site, it is a new building, I think built by Woodland Scenics for them.

Thanks for your advice.

The Aerojet.
Would not be surprised if it was WS tooling. I know that the Menards O scale trains & accessories are made by Lionel(father inlaw works for the company) & said that John has his hands in many fires in business. No surprise, considering that he is the wealthiest man in the state.

Menards station looks like the Fire Station in the 'Emergency' TV series of the 70's. I've thought of using the Walther's as a bus barn.

Back