Epic Trespassing

Personally I'd follow the bridge to a better place to climb, like maybe a hill!
Do you ever think that while he's doing all this stuff his camera guy is too?
Don't try this at home kids...

Call me a cynic, but I strongly suspect all of it is staged. The tunnel thing is a dead giveaway. The cameraman who is carrying all the video/sound equipment manages to ourtrun Bozo, then setup outside the tunnel in time to catch him diving and rolling to avoid the train.

Sure. :rolleyes:

It doesn't mean it's not entertaining; it's just phony.

Then there's the helicopter shot of the guy walking on top of the Siberian Railroad box car.

Where'd he get the helicopter?

On the bridge sequence.....notice there are no distance shots of him climbing up the thing. If any of it is real (and I know in my heart it isn't) then the real story is the cameraman who: A) doesn't have the chain to lift himself onto the bridge with, and B) has to lug around 50 lbs. of extra equipment while going everywhere Bozo does.

Fun to watch, though.

Call me a cynic, but I strongly suspect all of it is staged. The tunnel thing is a dead giveaway. The cameraman who is carrying all the video/sound equipment manages to ourtrun Bozo, then setup outside the tunnel in time to catch him diving and rolling to avoid the train.

Sure. :rolleyes:
It is entertaining though. If it wasn't the show wouldn't last long and the last thing they want is bad ratings. Bad thing though is what is this teaching the kids who watch it. I mean, does what he's doing look at all safe?

The man must be some sort of an IDIOT
Mac
Not some sort of idiot; the epitome of idiot. It's a survival show that demonstrates the best ways to kill yourself. Like a "Jackass meets Nature" show. :rolleyes:

(If your going to watch one of these I'd suggest Survivor Man.)

Personally I'd follow the bridge to a better place to climb, like maybe a hill!
Do you ever think that while he's doing all this stuff his camera guy is too?
Don't try this at home kids...

Yes, it's staged. The cameraman was probably dangling the camera from a pole at the top.

Seeing how theres not much for his chain to snag on top of the bridge, I'd say that they secured his chain so that he wouldn't fall.

But otherwise, very entertaining!

If any of it is real (and I know in my heart it isn't) then the real story is the cameraman who: A) doesn't have the chain to lift himself onto the bridge with, and B) has to lug around 50 lbs. of extra equipment while going everywhere Bozo does.
my sentiment exactly.

Wow, certainly looks staged. Either way, it is irresponsible to air this and encourage impressionable viewers to act like idiots too.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is entertaining though. If it wasn't the show wouldn't last long and the last thing they want is bad ratings. Bad thing though is what is this teaching the kids who watch it. I mean, does what he's doing look at all safe?
Most of what Bear Grylls does isn't safe for civilians or in normal circumstances. If you've seen the program for any length of time you'd know several things: they run disclaimers on not to do the things Bear does and also he was a member of the Special Forces of his native country so he has the chops to do what he does. His program is about surviving in what some would consider circumstances the average person wouldn't find themselves in.

Back