EOTD for N scale

cam9457

Hello, I was wondering if anyone here had seen an EOTD unit for the end of an N scale train? I've seen them for HO but not for N yet. I'm trying to put together "the train that daddy works on" for around the tree for the kids this year. I don't have anything yet, have a bid or two on some SD70 and D9 wide body N scale engines on ebay since it seems like everyone is sold out of those in NS trim? Any help would be great

I wouldn't use Richmond Controls if you want it anytime soon. I placed an order with them in November, and after several status checks where I was told various excuses, I was told my order was coming to the top of the pile. Several weeks after that, I was told that I was still #37. I asked for, and received a refund at that point. (it was July i believe...)

I'd go with the GAT'R. as it's the most compact unit. I have 2 of those that I'm happy with. I have another unit (I can't remember the brand) that I also like but it requires an N size battery which is too large for most N scale cars....mine is mounted in a 50' boxcar and the circuit board and battery take up the whole car. The GAT'R uses a flashing LED, so there's no board, and the battery is a small pancake (watch) battery and you can squeeze it in almost any N scale car. The only downside is the battery life is shorter, but still around 40 hrs. My N battery unit accidentally got left on after a club event and ran for 4 or 5 days before I found it blinking away in the storage box. I'm still using it without having to thange the battery. I'm not aware of any EOT's in N scale that run off track power.

I'd go with the GAT'R. as it's the most compact unit. I have 2 of those that I'm happy with. I have another unit (I can't remember the brand) that I also like but it requires an N size battery which is too large for most N scale cars....mine is mounted in a 50' boxcar and the circuit board and battery take up the whole car. The GAT'R uses a flashing LED, so there's no board, and the battery is a small pancake (watch) battery and you can squeeze it in almost any N scale car. The only downside is the battery life is shorter, but still around 40 hrs. My N battery unit accidentally got left on after a club event and ran for 4 or 5 days before I found it blinking away in the storage box. I'm still using it without having to change the battery.
An FYI, the battery is a CR1225, and can be gotten from Radio Shack. It is a 3 volt battery, instead of 1.5. I just got one (plus a spare) today.

Back