English Electric Diesel Locomotive Class 1400 CP (Portuguese Railways)

AyalaBotto

Hi,

This is one of my recent projects: the English Electric Diesel Locomotive Class 1400 of CP (Portuguese Railways) in the standart orange/brown colour scheme, built for a customer.
Portugal ordered a total of 50 Diesel Class 1400 locomotives from English Electric.
The first bath of 10 locomotives where built in the United Kingdom and arrived in Portugal in 1967. The remaining locomotives where built in Portugal.
Today the EE 1400 Diesel locomotives also operates as shunters / switchers.

The Micromodel resin cast body shell is produced to be used with the Athearn SW-1000/1500 powertrain kit.

locomotiva1400cp01641x4.jpg

locomotiva1400cp11.jpg

locomotiva1400cp13.jpg

locomotivaee1400cp05.jpg

locomotiva1400cp17641x4.jpg

locomotiva1400cp22.jpg

locomotiva1400cp30641x4.jpg

locomotiva1400cp31.jpg

locomotiva1400cp34.jpg

Hope you like!

Thanks.
Regards,
Ayala Botto
s0cz.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You do great work Ayala. Interesting to see the older type mechanism with the metal strip contacts.

That's really nice work.
Are the grab irons and handrails pre formed, or is that what the roll of wire is for?
Is this a kit to sell?
Thanks

That's really nice work.
Are the grab irons and handrails pre formed, or is that what the roll of wire is for?
Is this a kit to sell?
Thanks

Hi,

This resin kit is still sold by MicroModel (http://www.arlo-micromodel.com/english.html) and for many years it was the only option available for the portuguese modellers to build an English Electric Diesel Locomotive Class 1400 from CP (Portuguese Railways).

Now this model is also sold (ready to use) by Sudexpress Models in multiple versions (DC, DCC and AC) from different private operators. (http://www.sudexpressmodels.eu/en/index.html)

Regarding the handrails I always use 0,35 mm (spare!) strings from my Yamaha C2 grand piano! :)
I did not used the roll of wire included in the original set.

Thanks.
Regards,
Ayala Botto

Last edited by a moderator:
Yamaha Grand piano wire eh! You may have just introduced the modelling world to a new source of scale handgrabs.

Back